BUSAN: The world table tennis team championships were cancelled for the second time on Tuesday due to the global coronavirus pandemic. The championship was scheduled in South Korean city of Buhan.
South Korea was among the most effected nations outside China — where the coronavirus first rose — and for a period had the world’s second-biggest flare-up before it was generally managed through a widespread testing drive.
In February the quick rise in the number of cases forced the officials to move the championships from the original dates of March 22-29 dates to
Be that as it may, from that point forward the COVID-19 episode has spread to practically all parts of the world, guaranteeing in excess of 73,000 casualties and 1.32 million affirmed cases, and has prompted a noteworthy choice to defer the late spring Olympics by one year.
All International Table Tennis Federation events have been suspended until the end of June, and the ITTF said on Tuesday that new temporary dates for the titles had been set for September 27 to October 4.
“The ITTF has been working in close collaboration with the Korea Table Tennis Association (KTTA) … so as to build up the new temporary dates and furthermore have other discretionary dates to arrange the World Championships, if fundamental,” the ITTF said in an announcement.
Local coordinators will keep on checking the situation “with the need being put on the health and security of players, mentors, fans and authorities”, it included.