Sunday, October 17, 2021

PCB Allows Foreign Players To Leave PSL

Must Read

LAHORE – PCB Allows Foreign Players To Leave PSL. Pakistan Cricket Board has allowed foreign players participating in PSL to leave the event amid coronavirus fears.

According to details, PCB announced this via their official website. The update said that all players and players support personnel have the option to withdraw from PSL, should they wish to do so. It added the following players have to date confirmed they will not take any further part in the HBL PSL 2020:

Alex Hales from Karachi Kings.
Rilee Rossouw and James Vince from Multan Sultans.
Tom Banton, Carlos Brathwaite, Liam Dawson, James Foster (coach), Lewis Gregory and Liam Livingstone from Peshawar Zalmi.
Jason Roy and Tymal Mills from Quetta Gladiators.

It also said that PCB will continue to assess and monitor the situation and make decisions as appropriate in consultation with the team owners. No player has to date tested positive for Coronavirus, the website maintained. PCB Allows Foreign Players To Leave PSL.

Commenting on the situation, PCB Chief Executive, Wasim Khan said,
“Health and safety is paramount and takes precedence over cricket. The PCB takes the health and safety of its players, spectators, officials, media, service providers and security personnel very seriously. Following the advisory from the Government of Sindh, matches will be taking place in front of empty stadium. We empathise with the Karachi fans who have been outstanding with their support in the earlier matches and during the hosting of eight PSL matches last year.”

According to media reports, players from England are particularly concerned over the spread of the virus. And consequent suspension of flight operation, which is why they are seeking the earliest possible flights out of Pakistan.

- Advertisement -spot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest News

Africa To Get $57 Billion From Official Creditors In 2020

WASHINGTON - Africa To Get $57 Billion From Official Creditors In 2020. The International Monetary Fund and World Bank,...
- Advertisement -spot_img

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -spot_img