PARIS: Formula One’s(F1) required shutdown period will be reached out by a further fourteen days following the postponement to the season brought about by the coronavirus pandemic, world motorsport’s governing body affirmed on Tuesday.
The choice to drag out the break during which no staff individuals related to car performance are permitted to work will be stretched out from 21 to 35 days. The customary summer shutdown was presented from August last month.
The most recent extension got ‘consistent endorsement’ from all F1 stakeholders, the FIA said in an announcement.
Teams must watch the shutdown time frame across March, April as well as May(if need be).
“Further conversations in regards to this topic stay open between the FIA, F1 and all teams considering the continuous worldwide effect of Covid-19,” it included.
The initial nine rounds of the 2020 season have been either dropped or deferred, with questions over some of the other 14 races as the pandemic keeps on dominating the sporting calender.
The Canadian Grand Prix, booked for June 14, turned into the most recent to be rejected on Tuesday. Authorities said they would hope to locate another date for the race.
Also Read: Tokyo Olympics Update